Shortt Recruitment, on behalf of our client, are seeking to recruit for the following vacancy.
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Reporting to: Operations Director
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive Portlaoise based company, operating in a specialized sector. Working as part of a small Technical/Engineering Team this is a very dynamic and interesting role.
Recommended Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree in a related field; – mechanical, mechatronics, manufacturing
- Design experience is desired. Sheet metal and/or HVAC sector an advantage.
- Exposure to 3D CAD software – Creo Parametric, Solid Works, etc.
- Must be able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills
- Ambition is a must
Essential Functions of the Job
- Responsible for managing projects from initial conceptualisation to commissioning.
- Design of components & products using Creo Parametric.
- Maintain the technical understanding of all products and services sold by the company.
- Provide technical support to the business development team, advise on the application of our products
- Carry out site visits/surveys as required. Testing and commissioning of products in the factory and on site.
- Conduct technical discussions with customers, sales reps, distributors, customer service and other colleagues personnel.
- Visit distributors, customers and suppliers as required.
- Create assembly instructions and routings for new value added assemblies. Maintain routings so that they accurately reflect assembly-build times.
- Work together with employees in the development and production of sheet metal and value added products to meet customer specifications and needs.
- Achieve the highest level of quality through planned procedures and processes, and continuously strive to improve upon all phases of operations.
- Develop and maintain Bills of Materials on the MRP system
- Coordinate with outside vendor’s processes and specifications to ensure customer’s requirements are met.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
CVs and Cover Letter to be send to email@example.com
Shortt Recruitment are a Portlaoise based Recruitment Agency, providing a professional recruitment service for clients and candidates primarily in Laois and the surrounding Midland counties. You can visit their website here.