Abbeyleix Further Education and Training Centre are holding an Open Day on Thursday, May 2, from 10am to 1pm.
Discover the possibilities by meeting our staff and discussing your future. This is a great opportunity to learn more about your particular course and the career/progression opportunities available.
Courses available in:
- Art, Craft & Design
- Art & Business
- Business Administration & IT
- Business Management
- Healthcare Support
- Community Care
- Leaving Certificate
- General Studies (options in Craft, IT and Healthcare)
Courses are QQI certified at Levels 4,5 & 6.
Learn more about Further Education Funding Options e.g. VTOS (Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme).
To qualify for VTOS you must be aged 21 or over and be in receipt of a social welfare payment such as Jobseekers Allowance/Benefit for 6 months or signing for credits for 6 months.
Other payments such as One Parent Family, Invalidity Pension and Disability Allowance also meet the eligibility criteria. Please contact the Centre for further information.
Additional supports linked to VTOS
- Retain Social Welfare payment & benefits
- Subsidised Childcare places (CETS)
- Free course books
- Free Transport (from Portarlington, Mountmellick and Portlaoise) or Travel Allowance payments.
- The range of financial supports available to Post Leaving Certificate students includes: Student Maintenance Grant (SUSI) and the Back to Education Allowance.
Apply on-line @www.abbeyleixfec.ie or contact the Centre. Closing date for applications for 1st round interviews is May 10.
For further information please contact Helen or Geraldine on 057 8731127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.