The Ossory Show is one of Ireland’s longest-running agricultural shows and it’s back again on Sunday, July 28.
The hugely popular Ossory Truck Show takes place on the same day.
The event – which was set up in 1898 – takes place in the showgrounds, which are located in Coolfin, Kilbreedy, Rathdowney.
This year’s show will once again feature a a massive truck, vintage car and tractor show as well as:
- Old time threshing
- All Ireland Tog of War
- Truck-pulling competition
- Ossory Show All Ireland Male or Female Calf Competition
- Meadow Meats €2,000 Super Beef Championship
- AIB Pedigree Interbred Calf Class
- Ashbourne Meats All Ireland Senior Breeding Heifer
- Ladies Side Saddle
- Ossory Show €400 Working Hunter Champion
- Nominations to Top Stallions
- Timothy Wilson Memorial/Perpetual Trophy
- Most Glamorous Granny, Little Miss Ossory, Most Suitably Dressed Boy, Most Suitably Dressed Lady
- Local Home Produce
- Donkey Derby
- Dog Show
- Junior Sections
It all kicks off on the eve of this year’s Ossory Agricultural Show, with our Truckers Barbecue, at the Ossory Showgrounds.
Derek Garfield & The Young Wolfe Tones take to stage at 9:30pm, and it promises to be a really great night’s entertainment!
Derek and the ‘Tones will be supported by a DJ act, and it all begins at 8pm.
Tickets for the event are priced at €15, will be available locally, and all proceeds raised will benefit Rathdowney Scout Group, and the Rathdowney Events Committee.
You can find out all the information about the various classes here, including sheep, cattle, horses and pigs.
For show schedule and further details, contact Catherine Fitzgerald – Secretary, Conoboro Road, Rathdowney, Co Laois – 087 9975902
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.ossoryshow.com
Chairman – Peter Ging, 086 2394573
Other enquiries for Trucks/Vintage – Seamus Costigan, 086 2306828
PRO – Brian McCartney, 086 1719696
Tradestands and General Enquiries – Canice Gorman, 087 2326493