** No longer taking applications **
Supermac’s are currently looking to recruit a Deli Cook for Macs Place Deli in the new Portlaoise Plaza which will open in May 2020.
This plaza will join the other motorway service stations in the Plaza Group – The Barack Obama Plaza, The Galway Plaza, Tipperary Town Plaza, The Kinnegad Plaza, The N20 Plaza Mallow, and our Service Stations in Charlestown, Ballyhea, and Westport.
The new service station facilities in the Portlaoise Plaza includes a Convenience store, Several Car and HGV fuelling pumps, Supermac’s Restaurant, Papa John’s Pizza, SuperSubs Salad and Sub Sandwich offering, Macs Place Deli, and a branded Barista Cafe, together with indoor and outdoor seating, toilets and washroom facilities, free wifi, car, bus and HGV parking.
Job Title – Deli Cook – Macs Place Deli – Portlaoise Plaza, Portlaoise
To maintain consistent standards of service, ensuring customer satisfaction. To contribute to the profitability of the Deli through operation of effective cost controls and excellent customer service.
To assist in creation and Development of dishes and products that are tasty, well presented and in keeping with Mac’s Place offering whilst complying with company regulations, law and HACCP requirements.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work as part of the team to ensure fresh quality food at all times in the deli area.
- Prepare and cook food to a high standard.
- Follow appropriate HACCP guidelines
- Follow in house processes and procedures as directed.
- Provide excellent service to customers
- Work as part of a team to ensure a professional and well-presented deli at all times.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the below attributes:
- Proven ability in cooking and preparing great food
- Planning and organising – stock rotation and control
- Problem solving – working to come up with solutions
- Leading by example in following company procedures
- Excellent operational knowledge of retail environment.
- Excellent interpersonal relations.
- Excellent understanding of consumer needs.
- Proven track record in achieving agreed targets.
We work a mixture of morning and afternoon shifts across 7 days. No night time shifts applies.
What you can expect:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and CPD
- A company in growth with a clear vision and amazing culture
Please send an up-to-date CV along with Cover letter quoting the Job Title to email@example.com.
Alternatively, you may post it to Laura Flaherty, HR Department, Supermac’s Head Office, Ballybrit Business Park, Ballybrit, Co. Galway
Due to the large number of applicants, we will only be able to respond to the successful candidates.
The Plaza Group is an equal opportunities employer.