Ballylinan’s Gary Walsh leads the Laois SFC top scorers chart ahead of this weekend’s quarter-final action and relegation playoff.
He has scored 2-20 in three games and is two points clear of his closest challenger, Matthew Finlay from O’Dempsey’s who has 4-12 from three games.
Garry Comerford from Stradbally and Courtwood’s Danny Luttrell are next in line wth 1-19 and 0-18 respectively while Ballyroan’s Diarmuid Whelan and Ballyfin’s Sean Moore have 1-14 apiece.
Moore is the only one to feature in the top five to have played just two games as Ballyfin qualified straight for the quarter-finals.
And Comerford won’t have any opportunity to go higher up the rankings as his Stradbally side have no more games to play.
Looking at scores from play and O’Dempsey’s have the first two spots – with Micheal Finlay and Matthew Finlay having scored 4-4 and 4-3 respectively from play.
2-8 of Gary Walsh’s overall tally has come from play while Arles-Killeen’s Donie Kingston has scored 2-8 also.
David Conway has hit 1-9 from play in three games for Arles-Kilcruise and will have a chance to move further up the list in the relegation playoff final against Courtwood on Thursday night.
Check it out below:
Overall Top Scorer
- Gary Walsh (Ballylinan) – 2-20 (26)
- Matthew Finlay (O’Dempsey’s) – 4-12 (24)
- Garry Comerford (Stradbally) – 1-19 (22)
- Danny Luttrell (Courtwood) 0-18 (17)
- Sean Moore (Ballyfin) – 1-14 (17)
- Diarmuid Whelan (Ballyroan-Abbey) – 1-14 (17)
Top Scorer From Play
- Micheal Finlay (O’Dempsey’s) – 4-4 (16)
- Matthew Finlay (O’Dempsey’s) – 4-3 (15)
- Donie Kingston (Arles-Killeen) 2-8 (14)
- Gary Walsh (Ballylinan) – 2-8 (14)
- David Conway (Arles-Kilcruise) 1-9 (12)