Allwood Architectural Joinery is Ireland’s leading force in specialised fitout.
Apprenticeships at Allwood Architectural Joinery are highly sought after, and we take great pride in our apprentices as they are our future.
Apprenticeships can be very demanding and requires determination and hard work and most importantly a passion for wood work.
Once qualified we would wish that you would stay and grow with the company but whichever the case, all our apprentices come out with the highest training standards in the country.
Please read the below to give you a brief overview of the training and opportunities an apprenticeship at Allwood Architectural Joinery will offer you:
- You will have the opportunity to complete a Carpentry and Joinery or a Wood Manufacturing and Finishing apprenticeship.
- At the end of your apprenticeship you will be a qualified Cabinet Maker and Joinery Fitter (Commercial and Domestic)
- You will receive training on state of the art modern machinery including CNC machines (5 axis and 3 axis), Edgebanders, Spindle moulders, CNC table saw etc.
- Your more advanced training will include programming for machines.
- You will have the chance to complete training in all areas of solid surfaces.
- You will have the opportunity to progress and further your career in areas including project management and drawing/design.
Before the interview stage please consider the following:
- Throughout your apprenticeship you will be required to spend a certain amount of time fitting on site, which could mean starting at approx. 5:30am and finishing at 6 or 7pm
- You must be willing to take direction and work as part of a team.
- Working Saturdays or out of normal hours, as we are shop fitters.
- You may be required to work out of the country
- Dusty environments.
- Working under deadlines.
- Having to sand materials and clean.
- Learning machinery and safety requirements.
- Out of working hours training days.
- Competitions for apprenticeship awards.
Email a copy of your CV to email@example.com