Home Sport GAA The Heath end St Joseph’s winning streak with late point

The Heath end St Joseph’s winning streak with late point

The Heath struck late to claim a draw against St Joseph's tonight

The Heath 0-10 St Joseph’s 0-10

ACFL Division 1A

St Joseph’s six game winning run in Division 1A of the ACFL is over after a late Colin Nestor 45 rescued a draw for The Heath tonight.

St Joseph’s looked on course to claim a seventh straight win as the game ticked into injury time but The Heath’s wing back Nestor had other ideas.

This game was tight throughout. Dan Dunne top scored for St Joseph’s from centre forward and he was on the scoresheet along with James Smith in the first half.

Daithi Carroll was The Heath’s main man and he kept The Heath in touch as they trailed by 0-5 to 0-4 at the break.

The tit-for-tat scoring continued in the second half with Dunne and Smith joined on the point scoring front for St Joseph’s by substitute James Doyle.

Evin Keane and James Phelan raised white flags for The Heath but it looked like they would slip to defeat until Nestor kicked that late 45 to leave things all square on referee Clifford Ward’s full time whistle.

St Joseph’s will travel to face O’Dempsey’s in two weeks’ time while The Heath will host neighbours Portlaoise.

SCORERS – The Heath: Daithi Carroll 0-6, Colin Nestor 0-2, Evin Keane and James Phelan 0-1 each St Joseph’s: Dan Dunne 0-7, James Smith 0-2, James Doyle 0-1

THE HEATH: Shane Booth; Gary Smith, Bob Delaney, Alan Whelan; Colin Nestor, Denis Booth, Liam Campbell; Daithi Carroll, Robbie Dowling; James Phelan, Evin Keane, Mark Dunne; Podge Whelan, Andrew Booth, Ciarán Hyland. Subs: Brian Ging for P Whelan, Eoin Delaney for Campbell, David Conway for Phelan

ST JOSEPH’S: Aaron Cooney; Donie Ramsbottom, Tom Dunne, Aidan Brennan; Cian Maher, Cathal Fleming, Colin Campion; James Smith, Matty Campion; James Kelly, Dan Dunne, Adam Campion; Danny Hickey, Liam Kealy, Michael Keogh. Subs: James Doyle

Referee: Clifford Ward (Portarlington)

READ ALSO – Late rally sees O’Dempsey’s snatch a draw against Arles-Killeen