Laois GAA have announced the appointment of a new Games Development Officer.
Peter Hally, a Wexford native, has joined the team and this has led to a restructuring GDA Club roles and responsibilities has taken place.
These responsibilities include liaising with all Club Officers and Coaching Officers, organisation of Nursery Workshops and visits, Club organisation and participation in Cul Camps, annual Croke Park Play and Stay days, O’Moore Park Experience evenings, meeting all Primary School Principals and enhancing Club School link, mentoring and rollout of Player Pathway, delivery of Coach Education Workshops and Courses and ensuring Mandatory Coaching Standards are in place.
Hally’s appointment takes the number of GDAs in Laois to five – with Ciarán Muldowney, Andrew Kavanagh, Donie Brennan and Colm Begley the others.
Laois GAA said in a statement: “Laois Coaching and Games are delighted to announce Peter Hally has come on board as our new Games Development Administrator.
“Peter previously worked as a Games Development Administrator with Wexford GAA.
“Peter will work with Laois GAA as a dual GDA with his time split evenly between Football and Hurling projects. Peter has previously played an influential role in supporting numerous Wexford clubs in the development of games development projects and we hope he can continue this work in Laois.
“He along with Colm Begley, will take a lead role in developing an Athlete Development Pathway for our Hurling and Football Academy program.
“In the coming weeks Peter will be making contact and visiting his clubs, primary schools and secondary schools in his region. We wish Peter the best of luck on his journey with Laois GAA.”
The following is the restructured Club roles –
- Andrew Kavanagh – Borris in Ossory Kilcotton, Camross, Colt, Kyle, Rathdowney Errill, Shanahoe, St Fintans Mountrath, Trumera;
- Colm Begley – Annanough, Arles Kilcruise, Ballylinan, Barrowhouse, Park Ratheniska (F), St. Joseph’s, Stradbally, The Heath, Timahoe;
- Ciaran Muldowney – St Lazerians Abbeyleix, Ballinakill, Ballypickas, Castletown, Clonad, Clough Ballacolla, Park Ratheniska (H), Slieve Bloom, The Harps, Portarlington (H), Slieve Margy (H);
- Donal Brennan – Arles Killeen, Courtwood, Crettyard, Emo, Graiguecullen, Kilcavan, Killeshin, O’Dempsey’s, Portarlington, The Rock;
- Peter Hally – Ballyfin, Ballyroan, Clonaslee St Manmans, Mountmellick, Portlaoise, Rosenallis, Spink;