It’s getting to that time of year again, as preparation’s begin for Electric Picnic 2018 which takes place in Stradbally Hall.
But fancy earning a free ticket for the ever so popular festival? Then look no further.
Electric Picnic are seeking Volunteers for the entire weekend of the festival which takes place August 31-September 2.
If you want to join the magical world of Electric Picnic and get valuable hands-on experience, applications for Weekender volunteers are now open.
Volunteers play an important part in the festival, and they also gain entry in exchange for 24 hours of voluntary work.
These hours can be split into four six-hour shifts or three eight-hour shifts, leaving you plenty of time to soak in the sights and sounds of the festival.
The volunteer role can include the following over the course of the weekend:
- To be the ‘eyes and ears’ of the festival, reporting any problems e.g. faulty facilities, build-up of litter or any other potential hazards
- Roaming information stewards
- Assisting festival-goers with directions
- Helping festival-goers carry their belongings and pitch their tents
- Answering questions about performances, line ups and site facilities
- Assisting with queue management, ticket and wristband check points
- Helping direct vehicles at production gates
- Being helpful in emergency situations onsite – directing the public to a safe area etc
If you are interested in volunteering at this year’s festival you can find out more information here.
If you’ve already made up your mind and want to join the wonderful world of Electric Picnic, fill out your details at the link below.
Last years sold out festival had almost 55,000 people travelling to Stradbally for the three day event.
The line up for this years festival will be announced when tickets go on sale in March.
SEE ALSO – Excitement building for Laois family as Our Duke gets set for Cheltenham