Brought to you in association with Cllr Ben Brennan
The Laois senior footballers have been promoted and will play in the Allianz Football League Division 3 final following today’s results.
Laois are top of Division 3 tonight following their 1-15 to 1-12 win over Carlow and regardless of what happens in the re-fixed Louth v Westmeath game, Laois will be in the final.
Louth and Westmeath will meet next weekend with the final postponed until the weekend of April 6/7.
With the other three league finals on next weekend, it remains to be seen where Laois’s Division 3 final will be played.
Today’s other results
- Louth 0-10 Down 1-6
- Westmeath 1-14 Longford 1-10
- Offaly 1-11 Sligo 1-10
Laois finish the league on 10 points and a +14 scoring difference. They currently top the table by virtue of their Round 1 win over Down who are also on 10 points and a +13 scoring difference.
It means that Louth and Westmeath, the postponed Round 6 game, will be refixed.
How the table stands:
- Laois 10pts, +14 – Played 7
- Down 10pts, +13 – Played 7
- Westmeath 9pts, +15 – Played 6
- Louth 8pts, +20 – Played 6
- Longford 7pts – Played 7
- Offaly 5pts – Played 7
- Carlow 5pts – Played 7
- Sligo 0pts – Played 7
And here are the permutations
- If Louth beat Westmeath, it’ll be Laois v Louth in final
- If Louth and Westmeath draw, it’ll be Laois v Westmeath in final
- If Westmeath win, it’ll be Laois v Westmeath in final
Down, because of their weaker scoring difference cannot make the final.
Carlow are relegated because of their head-to-head record, having lost to Offaly in Round 4.