Portlaoise Institute are currently enrolling for their Certificate in Tourism and Business Course.
This is a one-year full-time course that can lead students to a range of opportunities in the industry.
- Tourism Information and Administration
- Tourism Principles and Practice
- Word Processing
- Book-keeping – Manual and Computerised
- Work Experience
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Business and Administration Skills
- Customer Service
It is desirable that students should be of Leaving Certificate Standard or have achieved an Applied Leaving Certificate with Distinction. Portlaoise Institute welcomes applications from mature students. Mature students are assessed on their merits and do not require the above qualifications.
All students are required to complete an assessment before commencing a Further Education course in Portlaoise Institute. This assessment confirms if the student has the required level of English and Maths (if applicable) to complete a Level 5 course.
- Travel Agents
- Tour Operators
- Tourism Information Centres
- Heritage Attractions
- Transport Operators
- Hospitality Sector
- Event Management
- Hotel & Catering Operations
Higher Education Progression*
Here are examples of courses students can progress to based on successful completion:
Examples of courses you can progress to:
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Tourism and Event Management (CW058)
- International Hospitality Management (DT401)
- Event Management (DT413)
- Tourism Marketing (DT412)
- Business Studies in International Hotel Management (GY261)
* Places are not guaranteed in these institutes and are subject to students meeting certain criteria. Please consult the individual college websites for more information on application. Information available also at www.cao.ie.
Fintan Walsh, email@example.com