** No longer taking applications **
The Portlaoise Plaza, which will open in May 2020, is seeking Retail & Forecourt Supervisors to join the team of the new Portlaoise Plaza.
This plaza will join the other motorway service stations in the Plaza Group – The Barack Obama Plaza, The Galway Plaza, Tipperary Town Plaza, The Kinnegad Plaza, The N20 Plaza Mallow, and our Service Stations in Charlestown, Ballyhea, and Westport.
The new service station facilities in the Portlaoise Plaza includes a Convenience store, Several Car and HGV fuelling pumps, Supermac’s Restaurant, Papa John’s Pizza, SuperSubs Salad and Sub Sandwich offering, Macs Place Deli, and a branded Barista Cafe, together with indoor and outdoor seating, toilets and washroom facilities, free Wi-Fi, car, bus and HGV parking.
The Portlaoise Plaza strives to provide first class facilities to our customers whilst making their stop as convenient as possible.
To assist the retail & forecourt manager and site manager in the delivery of store targets (both in terms of sales & profitability) through the effective management of store operations and personnel.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervise the activities of retail sales team on a daily basis and ensure necessary tasks are completed to an appropriate level.
- Ensure high quality and consistent customer service is provided at all times.
- To delegate and communicate effectively with the retail sales team.
- To supervise the effective induction and training of all employees.
- To communicate sales performance to the team.
- Assist the store manager in the recruitment of high calibre retail sales assistants.
- Assist the store manager in the effective management of retail sales team performance.
- To assist the manager in preparations for stock take and supervise where appropriate.
- To assist the manager in minimising stock loss through wastage, damages and pilferage.
- Ensure food management and waste systems are adhered to by retail sales team.
- Check stock to ensure adequate stock is available for customers needs.
- Ensure stock is rotated appropriately to ensure in date stock is available and to minimise waste through out of date stock.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the below attributes:
- Proven ability in managing retail sales team including the following:
- Planning & organising
- Problem solving
- Managing performance
- Excellent operational knowledge of retail environment.
- Excellent interpersonal relations.
- Excellent understanding of consumer needs.
- Proven track record in achieving agreed targets.
What you can expect:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and CPD
- A company in growth with a clear vision and amazing culture
Please send an up-to-date CV along with Cover letter quoting the Job Title to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may post it to Laura Flaherty, HR Department, Supermac’s Head Office, Ballybrit Business Park, Ballybrit, Co. Galway
Due to the large number of applicants, we will only be able to respond to the successful candidates.
The Plaza Group is an equal opportunities employer