Having been cooped up at home for three months during the Coronavirus restrictions, parents and children will be delighted to know that a number of Laois’s 19 playgrounds are open again from today.
Laois County Council are re-opening their playgrounds on a phased basis but the following are open from today, Thursday, June 11.
- Páirc an Phobail Playground, Timahoe Rd, Portlaoise
- Mountmellick Amenity Area Playground
- Mountrath Amenity Area Playground, Link Rd, Mountrath
- Stradbally Playground
- Clonaslee Playground
- Kiln Lane Playground, Mountrath
Laois County Council will continue to re-open playgrounds over the coming days and will provide regular public updates.
However, the council are saying that “children using the playgrounds are to be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times”.
Parents or Guardians are required:
• To bring their own hand sanitiser for the cleaning of their children’s hands before, at regular intervals during and after use of the playground equipment. In the absence of such sanitation parents or guardians are requested to refrain from allowing their children use of the equipment.
• To ensure physical distancing between children
• To advise children to avoid touching their face, eyes, nose and mouth.
• To ensure children under your care have regard to the safe use of equipment and to the safety of others at all times.
• To adhere to the most up to date health advice.
Laois playgrounds under council management are in Abbeyleix, Ballylinan, Barrowhouse, Clonaslee, Coolrain, Doonane, Durrow, Killeen, Killeshin, Mountrath, Mountmellick, Portarlington, Portlaoise, Rathdowney, Stradbally, The Swan and Timahoe.