There have been no further Coronavirus-related deaths and 453 new cases according to figures released by the health authorities this afternoon.
Of the cases notified today:
- 203 are men/250 are women
- 78% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 25 years old
As of 8am today, 129 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 40 are in ICU. 5 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of 1st May, 1,591,888 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 1,146,562 people have received their first dose
- 445,326 people have received their second dose