People First Credit Union (PFCU) is a progressive financial services provider, with over 40,000 members.
We have branches in Portlaoise, Abbeyleix, Stradbally and Athy. With total assets of €152 million, PFCU is firmly rooted within the community and our core value is to serve our members and the community, whilst striving to maintain the highest professional standards.
A vacancy for a Member Services Officer has arisen. With this role, the applicant will primarily be based in the Portlaoise office but may be required to work in our other branches in line with the needs of the business.
This is a full time role with a requirement to work 37.50 hours per week.
The successful applicant will work as part of the member services team responsible for providing an excellent member services experience to members and potential members at the counter, on the phone and through electronic means.
- To provide a quality service to members at the counter to enable them to make lodgements, withdrawals, loan draw down and repayments
- Process direct debits, standing orders, eft’s and amend mandates
- Accurately and diligently handle cash; reconcile balances and account for any inconsistencies
- Through training, develop excellence in dealing with member queries to the highest levels of service across diverse areas from advising of credit union products, services & complaints etc.
- Ensure compliance with existing and new systems & controls, and policies & procedures necessary, as outlined by the Risk, Compliance, MLRO & DPO, the Internal Audit Function and Operations Mgr.
- Complete other duties as required by the management team
- Undertake relevant training as deemed necessary by the management team
The successful candidate must have the following attributes, experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrable “member service” credentials and an ability and desire to enhance member service at every opportunity
- Excellent administration skills, a strong compliance ethos with a “right first time” approach to work
- Cash handling experience and good IT skills
- Ability to problem solve and deal with issues as they arise
- An appreciation and an awareness of the credit union ethos
- Min. 1 years’ experience serving members/customers within a financial services sector, preferably
- QFA, CUA or actively working towards a full qualification in either is preferable, although not essential
- Full clean driving licence
Applicants should clearly state the position they are applying for by quoting the reference MSO Vacancy
The application form available in the downloads section on our website including CV should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 4th April 2022
Short listing may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application.
People First Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer