Laois Chamber in collaboration with Laois Tourism are now recruiting for a Tourism Development Lead, who will be responsible for the development and enhancement of tourism in Laois.
The general scope of this exciting role is to stimulate tourism growth both domestically and internationally in order to produce economic and sustainable benefits for Laois.
The role will also involve promoting the county as an attractive and ideal location to live, to visit, and for conferencing and events.
Location: Laois Chamber Office, Portlaoise, but some travel may be required
Reporting to: The Board and CEO of Laois Chamber
The Tourism Development Lead will work closely with the Board and CEO of Laois Chamber to develop and enhance the tourism offering in the county of Laois, and stimulate tourism growth in the county.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Organising tourism related events with the Laois Chamber.
- Liaising with the destination marketing supplier on Laois tourism projects.
- Carrying out research of existing tourist attractions and events to gain customer feedback in order to make improvements.
- Supporting and assisting tourism service providers within the county, acting as a mentor as necessary.
- Researching local history and local people’s views in order to develop potential new tourist attractions and developing and promoting product packages e.g. gardening, golf etc.
- Working with the media and other local partner organisations to raise the profile of tourism in Laois, generating positive publicity for the area, along with social media promotion.
- Organising exhibition stands at conferences and tourism shows to promote the county.
- Providing support, guidance and administering funding for tourism-related businesses and advising new tourism businesses.
- Securing tourism development funding for Laois.
- To prepare proposals and submissions and as necessary respond to national and regional policy documents, which influence the development of tourism within the county.
- Encouraging the development of new jobs within the tourism sector.
- Representing tourism on behalf of Laois Chamber on relevant boards and stakeholder groups.
- Consulting with Laois-based tourism businesses to assess the effectiveness of current tourism development policies and to develop an overall tourism development strategy.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of tourism with Laois Chamber and growing and maintaining the tourism membership, and creating benefits for membership.
- Developing an excellent working relationship with the CEO of Laois Chamber.
The ideal candidate will ideally have some previous experience within the travel and tourism industry.
Skills and Qualities
Full Driver’s Licence and own vehicle
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Ability to liaise with community groups, stakeholders and the tourism industry
High level of skills in the production of information and communication material
Excellent customer service skills and an understanding of visitor needs and of the tourism industry
Ability to work independently and within a team, both cohesively and efficiently
Strong administrative, organisational and project management skills
Creativity and innovative strategic thinking along with good marketing and social media skills.
This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
If you wish to apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 12th August 2022 at 5pm.