Laois Sawmills are currently seeking to employ a Maintenance Fitter to join their team.
The ideal candidate will be motivated and reliable. An analytical individual who has the ability to work under pressure and within a team environment.
The position requires flexibility and availability as demanded by the needs of the business.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a similar role.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhering to the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintaining and Servicing plant, machinery and equipment on site.
- Work with production team to ensure production quality and aid in the development of continuous improvement and modifications to existing systems.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance checks and preventative maintenance work.
- Supporting the installation of new projects and equipment.
- Responding to unplanned maintenance issue’s and equipment breakdowns.
- Maintaining appropriate records in relation to plant and equipment.
- Fault diagnosis of equipment and continuous improvement of plant and equipment
- Capable of working as part of a team or on own initiative.
- Liaising with Management, Process Personnel and outside contractors.
- Formal Qualification for qualified mechanical maintenance fitter / technician should possess a FAS/City & Guilds or equivalent mechanical time – served Apprenticeship.
- Relevant / Practical / hands on experience in the areas outlined. Ideally in a manufacturing / Production environment.
- A working knowledge of Hydraulic systems & Pneumatic systems.
- Ability to perform repairs and maintenance on both a reactive & planned basis.
- Good welding & Machine shop skills.
All applicants can apply to Shannon@laoissawmills.com
If you would like to advertise a job vacancy, get in touch with LaoisToday by calling 057 8670722, 085 7180700 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
SEE ALSO – Check out the dedicated jobs section on LaoisToday