The 17 Laois winners in the Leinster section of this year’s Irish Restaurant Awards were announced at an event in the Killashee House Hotel near Naas on Tuesday.
Batoni’s of Emo walked away with three awards, while there were two awards each for Treacy’s of The Heath, Solas Portarlington and Ballyfin Demesne.
In the individual awards, Niall Treacy from Treacy’s won the ‘Best Restaurant Manager’ while Paulo Buddo from Batoni’s was honoured as the ‘Best Chef’ and Seamus O’Brien from The Hare’s Corner in Mountmellick was the ‘Local Food Hero’.
Over 1,000 restaurant and hospitality business owners and staff celebrated their hard work and achievements at the awards event, which saw many well-known restaurateurs of Leinster turn out to see if they had won one of the prestigious awards.
Speaking at the Leinster Regional Awards President of the Restaurants Association of Ireland, Paul Lenehan, said; “Now in their 14th year, the Irish Restaurant Awards returns with a record breaking number of public nominations (over 130,000).
“This sheer number of votes highlights the support and appreciation by the general public for our hospitality sector and all who contribute to it.
“The awards are an opportunity to celebrate the existing, and up and coming talent, in the sector and are a reminder that hospitality is nothing without their dedicated and passionate staff.
“The awards continue to showcase the incredible food that is on offer in the cafes, hotels, pubs and restaurants of Ireland.
“We are delighted to be here in Limerick for the first of the Regional Events for 2023 and look forward to welcoming all winners in Leinster to the All Ireland Awards on May 15.”
- Local Food Hero – Seamus O’Brien, The Hare’s Corner
- Best Sustainable Practices – Solas, Portarlington
- Innovator of the Year – Solas, Portarlington
- Free From – The Hare’s Corner, Mountmellick
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine – Ballyfin Demesne
- Best Restaurant Manager – Niall Treacy, Treacy’s, The Heath
- Best Wine Experience – Batonis, Emo
- Best Café – Get StuffeD – Coffee Shop and Homemade Food @ The Storeyard, Portlaoise
- Best World Cuisine – Mayur Indian Restaurant, Portlaoise
- Best Newcomer – Notions, Mountmellick
- Pub of the Year – The Thatch Pub, Killenard
- Best Casual Dining – Treacy’s, The Heath
- Best Hotel & Guesthouse – Ballyfin Demesne
- Best Customer Service – Kelly’s Steakhouse
- Best Gastro Pub – O’Gormans, Kilminchy, Portlaoise
- Best Chef – Paolo Puddu, Batonis, Emo
- Best Restaurant – Batonis, Emo