JSD is seeking an experienced Purchasing Officer to join its team.
The location of the position will at the head office located in Portlaoise, Co. Laois. The position will report directly to the Directors.
The Purchasing Officer is responsible for overseeing all inventory, supplies and capital purchases for the company. They will evaluate and recommend vendors and determine the most cost-effective inventory and reorder levels. Negotiating price, delivery and credit terms are among the responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for efficient purchasing of construction materials, supplies, plant hire and capital equipment. Receives purchase requisitions and verifies for accuracy and authorisations. Periodically evaluates vendors/suppliers and advises the Company Directors when vendors are not meeting requirements. Evaluates and recommends new/substitute vendors, when necessary. (This will be in line with procedures set out in the company QEHS Management System)
- Prepares and issues purchase orders, determines and negotiates prices, delivery and credit terms, buys according to established company policies and procedures, maintains accurate purchasing records.
- Maintains rapport and good working relationships with vendors. Keeps accurate vendor records.
- Evaluates inventory reorder levels and quantity price breaks to determine the most economical purchasing of inventory and supplies in relations to the company’s needs. Prepares monthly reports and review forecast of purchasing commitments with the Finance Director, where relevant.
- Expedites purchase orders as necessary and ensure delivery of all quality purchased items for uninterrupted flow of construction projects.
- Co-ordinate the central distribution of company owned plant and equipment between site locations, in order to keep external hire of equipment from third parties to a minimum.
- Maintains plant/asset registers and organises testing, calibration and repairs to equipment where it is required.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-4 year’s work experience in a similar role (construction experience is preferable)
- Motivated with proven ability to work on his/her own initiative and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Team working
- Good computer skills
- An eye for detail
- Problem solving
Applications are invited in the strictest of confidence. JSD is an equal opportunities employer.
Forward applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to advertise a job vacancy, get in touch with LaoisToday by calling 057 8670722, 085 7180700 or emailing email@example.com
SEE ALSO – Check out the dedicated jobs section on LaoisToday