The second Laois GAA County Board draw was held this evening with the top prize of €10,000 going to Shauna Dempsey and John Joe McDonell from St Joseph’s.
The first draw of the €130 ticket draw was held on March 31 with each subsequent draw scheduled for the last Friday of each month.
In all 24 clubs had winners in tonight’s draw where 35 people were drawn from the drum. In all, €31,500 was given out in cash prizes.
Sean Tynan from Colt claimed the second prize of €5,000 while Mairead and Ger Cuddy from Camross took the third prize of €3,000.
O’Dempsey’s had four winners among the 35 names drawn out while Ballylinan and Rosenallis had three each.
Arles-Kilcruise, Camross, Rathdowney and Borris-Kilcotton all had two winners apiece.
St Joseph’s, Colt, Castletown, Annanough, Kilcavan, Crettyard, Portarlington, Mountrath, Graiguecullen, Kyle, Clough-Ballacolla, Stradbally, Barrowhouse, Portlaoise, Clonaslee-St Manman’s, Ballyfin and Ballinakill all had one each.
The next draw will take place on Friday, May 26, with the final draw on Friday, June 30.
The full list of winners was as follows.
- 1st Prize, €10,000 – Shauna Dempsey and John Joe McDonell (St Joseph’s)
- 2nd Prize, €5,000 – Sean Tynan (Colt)
- 3rd Prize, €3,000 – Mairead and Ger Cuddy (Castletown)
- 4th Prize, €1,500 – Angela McKane and Noel Farrell (Rosenallis)
- 5th Prize, €1,500 – Alan Hanway (O’Dempsey’s)
- 6th Prize, €1,000 – Pat Deegan (Annanough)
- 7th Prize, €500 – Shauna Kealy (Ballylinan)
- 8th Prize, €500 – Jamie Conway (Arles-Kilcruise)
- 9th Prize, €500 – John Joe McEvoy (Kilcavan)
- 10th Prize, €500 – Phelim Moore (Camross)
- 11th Prize, €500 – Keith Purcell (Crettyard)
- 12th Prize, €500 – Aaron and Ryan Costigan (Rathdowney)
- 13th Prize, €500 – John Dempsey (O’Dempsey’s)
- 14th Prize, €500 – Michael Dooley (Rosenallis)
- 15th Prize, €500 – Mary Champkin (Portarlington)
- 16th Prize, €250 – David Higgins (Borris-Kilcotton)
- 17th Prize, €250 – Michael Lalor (Camross)
- 18th Prize, €250 – Pat Kelly and Aisling O’Sullivan (Borris-Kilcotton)
- 19th Prize, €250 – Peter Gray (Rathdowney)
- 20th Prize, €250 – William Moore (Mountrath)
- 21st Prize, €250 – Brian Byrne, Alan and Dean Malone (Graiguecullen)
- 22nd Prize, €250 – Noel and Tommy Breen (Kyle)
- 23rd Prize, €250 – John Donoghue (Ballylinan)
- 24th Prize, €250 – Cathal C Fennell (Rosenallis)
- 25th Prize, €250 – Damien, Niall and Ann Marie Bergin (Clough-Ballacolla)
- 26th Prize, €250 – Des and Angela Corcoran (Stradbally)
- 27th Prize, €250 – Kieran and Orla Burke (Barrowhouse)
- 28th Prize, €250 – Fionnuala Finlay (O’Dempsey’s)
- 29th Prize, €250 – Matthew Dempsey (Portlaoise)
- 30th Prize, €250 – Kevin and Martina Flynn (Clonaslee-St Manman’s)
- 31st Prize, €250 – Leo Flanagan (Arles-Kilcruise)
- 32nd Prize, €250 – Mark Gavin (Ballyfin)
- 33rd Prize, €250 – Brendan Moore (O’Dempsey’s)
- 34th Prize, €250 –David McEvoy (Ballylinan)
- 35th Prize, €250 – Marie Dooley (Ballinakill)