Home Sponsored Portlaoise Institute offers great choices for students for September

Portlaoise Institute offers great choices for students for September

Portlaoise Institute certainly offers a diverse range of further educational opportunities for students with its array of QQI full-time and part-time courses.

With 24 full-time courses and 12 part-time options, prospective students have a variety of academic paths to choose from. This selection can cater to a wide range of interests, career goals, and schedules, ensuring that students can find a course that suits their individual needs.

Portlaoise Institute understands the diverse needs of students and therefore offer a variety of full-time and part-time courses.

This flexibility allows students to balance their studies with work commitments, family responsibilities, or other personal pursuits. It ensures that education remains accessible and adaptable to students’ individual circumstances.

Portlaoise Institute offers an extensive range of full and part-time courses in the areas of Business, Childcare, Community Health, Computer Science, Digital Media, Healthcare and Nursing, Social Studies, Sports and Sustainability.

“We believe that completing a further education course at Portlaoise Institute provides Leaving Certificate students with a valuable opportunity to gain practical skills, enhance employability, and continue their educational journey,” said Keith McClearn, Principal of Portlaoise Institute.

“45% of graduates from Portlaoise Institute gain employment directly after completing their chosen course, while the other 55% progress to higher level education as our courses are recognised by universities and institutes of technology across Ireland.

Completing a course at Portlaoise Institute equips students with practical skills that are highly sought after by employers, ensuring students gain industry-specific knowledge and expertise.

This prepares them for a competitive job market and increases their chances of securing employment.

Portlaoise Institute maintains strong ties with local industries and employers. Students have the opportunity to participate in work placements, gaining invaluable real-world experience.

These connections enhance networking opportunities and facilitate a smoother transition from education to employment. 

The next round of interviews will be held on Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th August with our 1st round registration taking place on Thursday 31st August, therefore we recommend that perspective students interested in applying for any of our courses, visit Portlaoise Institute’s website at www.portlaoiseinstitute.ie and click on “Apply Now”.

Additionally, Laois and Offaly Education and Training Board (LOETB) has partnered with South East Technological University (SETU) to increase access to degree courses in business and software development for learners at Portlaoise Institute. 

SETU and LOETB have collaborated to deliver the Bachelor of Business (Honours) degree, with specialisation options in management, international business, marketing, human resource management, supply chain management, accounting, and finance.

Applications can be made at: https://www.fetchcourses.ie/course/finder?sfcw-courseId=404907 

Portlaoise Institute will also deliver the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Software Development where learners will get the opportunity to study computer hardware, networking, programming and operating systems.

Applications are available at: https://www.fetchcourses.ie/course/finder?sfcw-

Learners on these courses are recognised as registered students of both SETU and LOETB, and thus can avail of student facilities and supports across both organisations.

Previous articleLaois IFC: Crettyard edge out Timahoe in thriller to progress to quarter finals
Next articleJOB VACANCY: Killeen Civil Engineering seeking to hire Accounts Technician/Administrator based in Portlaoise