Laois hurling manager Eamon Kelly has made two changes and a raft of positional switches ahead of Sunday’s trip to face league leaders Wexford.
Borris-Kilcotton’s Eoin Fleming replaces Abbeyleix’s Eoin Fleming in goals while Clough-Ballacolla’s Lee Cleere comes into the full back line with Paddy Whelan dropping out.
Cleere’s inclusion sees Cahir Healy move to the half back line while Ross King and Paddy Purcell will form a new midfield partnership.
This sees Cian Taylor and Ben Conroy move to the half forward line while Aaron Dunphy will wear the number 15 shirt.
Laois can still qualify for the quarter finals if they can manage to beat Davy Fitzgerald’s Wexford side.
However, with the recent fortunes of the two teams, it seems most likely that Laois will be heading for a relegation playoff with either Offaly or Kerry.
LAOIS TEAM IN FULL:
1. Eoin Fleming (Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton)
2. Lee Cleere (Clough Ballacolla)
3. Leigh Bergin (Shanahoe)
4. Dwane Palmer (Camross)
5. Cahir Healy (Portlaoise)
6. Ryan Mullaney (Castletown)
7. Sean Downey (Ballinakill)
8. Ross King (Rathdowney Errill)
9. Patrick Purcell (Rathdowney Errill)
10. Cian Taylor (Portlaoise)
11. Charles Dwyer (Ballinakill)
12. Ben Conroy (Slieve Bloom)
13. Willie Dunphy (Clough Ballacolla)
14. Neil Foyle (Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton)
15. Aaron Dunphy (Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton)