This week were back to the healthy wholesome meals.
A cheat week last week by introducing the recipe for chocolate chip cookies. This week’s recipes is one that will come to please any vegetarians out there.
This is a very basic dish, mainly thrown together by ingredients that are often around the house.
A very simple, quick, easy and healthy dish full of iron and protein.
- 1 red onion, diced.
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tin of chopped tomoatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomatoe pure
- 1 bag of spinach (washed and stalks removed)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- salt and pepper
- crushed chillies flakes
- 1 tin of chick peas.
- peel and chop the onion and crush the cloves of garlic
- In a medium sized saucepan heat with some sunflower oil and add the garlic and onions.
- Allow to sweat using parchment paper to lock in the steam and allow the onion and garlic to soften.
- Add the chilli flakes and cumin, followed by the tinned tomatoes and tomato purée.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the chick peas from the tin and add to the tomato sauce.(You can use dried chick peas and cook separately before adding them to the dish.
- Wash the spinach leaves and remove any stalks. Add the spinach leaves and allow to wilt down into the sauce.
- This is a perfect dish with rice or even as a component to any meal.