There are currently two full-time positions in The Rainbow Castle in Portlaoise. Both of these roles are for an immediate start.
- Preschool Room leader – Level 7 in Early Years Education
- Room Leader – Level 6 in Early Years Education
Location: Esker Hills, Portlaoise
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the implementation of activities suitable for different age groups.
- Work closely with other staff members.
- Work where required in other areas of the creche & preschool.
- Assist in the daily duties of the creche & preschool maintenance.
- Ensure a good standard of hygiene.
- Attend meetings and undergo training as required.
- Follow the Policies & Procedures of the Service at all times.
- Be aware of Child Protection Procedures and advise manager should you have any concerns about a child.
- Maintain strict confidentiality – any breach of confidentiality about children or their families will constitute gross misconduct.
- Be willing to work with children of various ages from babies to afterschool children.
- Perform a variety of tasks, such as nappy changing, toileting, sterilising, feeding, nap supervision and engaging in play.
- Experience working in the Early Years Education sector.
- Appropriate record and documents completion in compliance with the Childcare Regulations.
- Completion of Astier & Siolta documents.
- Aware of Play Base curriculum desirable.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Ability, flexibility and willingness to take on other duties or responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- First Aid, Manual Handling Certified an advantage.
- An Enthusiastic, creative, passionate individual who enjoys working as part of a team.
- Flexibility and Punctuality essential.
Hold a minimum Level 6 in Early Years Education for Room Leader Role & Level 7 in Early Years Education for Preschool Leader or equivalents (Reference DYCA Early Years Recognised Qualifications)
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Career progression
To apply or for further information please email email@example.com or contact Jennifer Foley-Egan on 057 8651020.
SEE ALSO – Check out the dedicated jobs section on LaoisToday