Ballykilcavan Brewery are really excited to announce the details of a four course, long-table banquet that they’re hosting in their 230-year-old stone courtyard on Friday, June 21.
The event is a collaboration with chef Martin Hayes of Bloom Restaurant Portlaoise, and they want to showcase the very best locally produced food and drink.
The event was officially launched this morning, and the menu will feature bread from Mueller & O’ Connell Bakery, organic pork from Castlewood Organic Farm, beef from Irish Piedmontese Beef, oats from The Merry Mill, pickles from G’s Gourmet Jams, veg from John Egan, salad leaves from Edmundburry Greens, gin and cream liqueur from Brennan’s Old House Gin and beers from Ballykilcavan Brewery.
They cost €70 per person including all your food and a complimentary drink on arrival.
- Selection of breads with rustic dips
- Rustic farmhouse terrine with piccalilli
- Garden leaf salad
- BBQ Chicken drumsticks with Bloom BBQ hot sauce
- Pearl barley, heirloom tomato and crispy caper salad
- Spicy peach and avocado topped with pistachios
- Roast new potato and red onion salad
- Slow cooked organic pig
- Pulled pork shoulder
- Piedmontese short ribs and burgers
- Ratatouille with toasted organic oats
- Irish farmhouse cheese board
- Ice cream
- Apple and ginger crumble with caramelised oat crumble