A large gathering of parents and students were in attendance on Monday night last, May 27, to acknowledge and celebrate the individual and collective achievements of the TY class of 2019.
Opening addresses were delivered by principal Maura Murphy, TY Student of the Year John Davis and TY coordinator Ms O’Connell.
Prizes were awarded in each subject area together with particular awards been given for following:
- Mini Company ‘Hurlz Standz’ National Prize winners to students- Marc Ramsbottom, Simon Fingleton and Noah Fingleton.
- Coding: Patrick Wilkinson
- Mock Trials Schools Competition: Overall prize and individual awards to best speakers on the day-Jack Delaney, Eoin Moran and Darragh Barry Donnaiche
- Playwright: John Davis
- Microsoft Word National Competition: Eoin Moran
- Irish Board of Speech and Drama Gold Medals: Charles Agha and Aaron Flanagan
- TY Manager: Owen Kelly
- Musical Rising Star: Dara Ramsbottom.
- Yearbook Editorial Staff: Owen Kelly,Conor O’Boyle ,Patrick Corcoran, Jack Delaney, Conor Savage, Gary Keane, Ruairi Fitzpatrick and Jamie Dollard
- Gaisce President’s Award: 63 students received their Bronze Medals
- Spirit of TY was awarded to a number of students whom staff felt embraced the ethos of TY.
- Overall TY Student of the Year: John Davis
- Class Student of The Year -TYA Jack Delaney
TYB Christian Kenny Oman
TYC D.J.O’Brien Doyle
Each student also received a folder of certificates which acknowledged all their achievements throughout the year .
The evening event was organised by Ms.L Gillson Programmes Coordinator, who was ably assisted by TY students Christian Kenny Oman, Owen Kelly and Jack Delaney.
Many thanks to Caroline Brennan for sending the pictures and list of award winners to us.