For over 20 years Wilbay has been one of Ireland’s leading meat distributors, specializing in Irish Beef, Pork, Bacon and Poultry supplying directly to our customers across multiple channels. It is our passion, expertise and understanding of food that we attribute our success.
This passion is driven by our Wilbay team consisting of Craft Butchers and Culinary experts supported by a dedicated sales and distribution team.
We’re very proud of the relationships we have built up over the years with our suppliers and customers and we remain committed to helping our customers succeed far into the future as new trends and challenges arise within the ever-evolving food world.
Strategically based in Portlaoise, our central depot offers next day delivery throughout the Island of Ireland.
Wilbay is built on a reputation of excellent quality products backed up by a dedicated sales and distribution team.
- Purchase Ordering- Forecast demands for products and communicate with Senior Buyer on purchasing quantities- price/volume. Maintain procurement files and purchase agreements to an auditable standard. Enter Purchase Orders & Update to Supplier Accounts.
- Determine and Review inventory quantities and ensure adequate stock levels are maintained.
- Develop strong business relationships with our existing supply base and source new suppliers
- Plan and negotiate strong promotional activity for your categories to attract new customers & build categories
- Ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of supply and delivery times.
- Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions. Communicate Purchase Orders to suppliers. Review deliveries against relevant purchase orders.
- Organise, Schedule & Track the status of deliveries. Confirm ETA’s. Review and resolve non supplied, shortages, extra products received and damaged products. Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage and efficient space for future orders
- Stock Control- Reconcile Stock Levels on Sage versus warehouse stocktake
- Work with other business functions such as logistics, warehouse management and marketing to ensure your category plans are delivered.
- An Understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Experience in stock management procedures.
- Proven purchasing experience in FMCG, preferably with a Food/Meat background.
- Sufficient knowledge of Sage50 Accounts
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with suppliers.
- Strong commercial, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant third level qualifications or Industry experience.
To Apply …
If interested, please send your CV in the first instance to email@example.com