Laois football manager Mike Quirke has made a host of changes to his side for Saturday’s O’Byrne Cup clash away to Wexford.
There are first senior starts for Brian Byrne (Graiguecullen), Shane Bolger (Killeshin), Seamus Lacey (Ballylinan) and Alan Kinsella (Courtwood).
Mountmellick’s Eoghan Keogh starts in goals having not being involved with Laois last year while Brian Daly from St Joseph’s is named at centre-forward. He featured in 2017 under Peter Creedon but never played league under championship during John Sugrue’s reign.
Laois are again without any representation from county champions Portlaoise, whose season only finished up in late November when they were knocked out of the Leinster club championship.
Laois were beaten by Offaly last weekend in Quirke’s first game in charge and Saturday’s meeting with Wexford will see him come up against his former Kerry colleague Paul Galvin who is in his first season in charge of Wexford.
Laois will complete their group games against Meath in January.
The Laois team in full is:
- Eoghan Keogh (Mountmellick)
- Brian Byrne (Graiguecullen)
- Gearoid Hanrahan (Portarlington)
- Shane Bolger (Killeshin)
- Paddy O’Sullivan (Portarlington)
- Seamus Lacey (Ballylinan)
- Robbie Pigott (Portarlington)
- John O’Loughlin (Rosenallis)
- Sean Byrne (Portarlington)
- Mark Barry (O’Dempsey’s0
- Brian Daly (St Joseph’s)
- Diarmuid Whelan (Ballyroan-Abbey)
- Ross Munnelly (Arles-Kilcruise)
- Colm Murphy (Portarlington)
- Alan Kinsella (Courtwood)