** No longer taking applications **
Supermac’s are seeking a Deli Supervisor for our Delicatessen & Bakery in the new Portlaoise Plaza which will open in May 2020.
This plaza will join the other motorway service stations in the Plaza Group – The Barack Obama Plaza, The Galway Plaza, Tipperary Town Plaza, The Kinnegad Plaza, The N20 Plaza Mallow, and our Service Stations in Charlestown, Ballyhea, and Westport.
The new service station facilities in the Portlaoise Plaza includes a Convenience store, Several Car and HGV fuelling pumps, Supermac’s Restaurant, Papa John’s Pizza, SuperSubs Salad and Sub Sandwich offering, Macs Place Deli, and a branded Barista Cafe, together with indoor and outdoor seating, toilets and washroom facilities, free wifi, car, bus and HGV parking. The Portlaoise Plaza strives to provide first class facilities to our customers whilst making their stop as convenient as possible.
To assist the Deli Manager with the day to day operation of the hot & cold deli’s and the fresh food offering on site.
To assist the Deli Manager in ensuring delivery of all delicatessen and fresh food targets (in terms of Food Quality, Customer Service, Sales, Costings, Profitability and compliance with Hygiene Standards) through the effective management of delicatessen area and its personnel.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the hot & cold deli’s and the fresh food offering on site.
- Contribute to menu planning & development to ensure variety of choice.
- Ensure that pre agreed menus are adhered to and planned for.
- Food ordering from approved suppliers to meet deli requirements.
- Stock control, dating and stock rotation. Waste control, recording and reduction.
- Ensure that fresh food offered for sale is well presented and of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure that deli standards are maintained and improved to meet food safety and hygiene requirements.
- Ensure that daily HACCP record sheets are maintained according to requirements.
- Ensure that food safety operational requirements are maintained at all times.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes;
- Flair and passion for cooking
- Carvery Hot Lunch experience an advantage.
- Be able to demonstrate flair in fresh food merchandising & presentation.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
Please send an up-to-date CV along with Cover letter quoting the Job Title to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may post it to Laura Flaherty, HR Department, Supermac’s Head Office, Ballybrit Business Park, Ballybrit, Co. Galway
Due to the large number of applicants, we will only be able to respond to the successful candidates.
The Plaza Group is an equal opportunities employer.