** No longer taking applications **
A full-time baker is sought for the Delicatessen & Bakery in the Portlaoise Plaza, which will open in May 2020.
This plaza will join the other motorway service stations in the Plaza Group – The Barack Obama Plaza, The Galway Plaza, Tipperary Town Plaza, The Kinnegad Plaza, The N20 Plaza Mallow, and our Service Stations in Charlestown, Ballyhea, and Westport.
The new service station facilities in the Portlaoise Plaza includes a Convenience store, Several Car and HGV fuelling pumps, Supermac’s Restaurant, Papa John’s Pizza, SuperSubs Salad and Sub Sandwich offering, Macs Place Deli, and a branded Barista Cafe, together with indoor and outdoor seating, toilets and washroom facilities, free wifi, car, bus and HGV parking.
The Portlaoise Plaza strives to provide first class facilities to our customers whilst making their stop as convenient as possible.
The role of Baker will involve coming up with creative ideas for a busy delicatessen, mainly for home baked style cakes/goods. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who can work on their own initiative who also has a flair/passion for cooking/baking. Experience would be an advantage but full training will be provided.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist the Deli Manager in the smooth running of the Delicatessen
- Ensures the deli/bakery area provides a variety of fresh, well presented foods at all times of the day whilst operational
- Ensure the overall cleanliness and the health and safety aspects of the kitchen are maintained at all times
- Ensure bakery and delicatessen standards are consistently improving in terms of housekeeping, merchandising, presentation and customer service
- You should have a good working knowledge of HACCP and ensure HACCP standards are followed
- Ensure overall customer service levels within the area are maintained at the required standard, and upselling of add on items where possible
- Responsible for proper storage, labelling and use of all food supplies to prevent unnecessary spoilage
- Assist the Deli Manager in ensuring stock is rotated accordingly and out of date stock is discarded appropriately
- Ensure wastages are maintained at a minimum level through effective management of the stock
- If you believe you have the ability, flair, imagination, and most of all passion, then we want You to join our team. Flexibility is required, ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team and have experience working in a high-pressure environment. You will work 5 days over 7 with a 5.30am start time.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes;
- Flair and passion for cooking
- Bakery experience an advantage.
- Be able to demonstrate flair in fresh food merchandising & presentation.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
What you can expect:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and CPD
- A company in growth with a clear vision and amazing culture
Please send an up-to-date CV along with Cover letter quoting the Job Title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may post it to Laura Flaherty, HR Department, Supermac’s Head Office, Ballybrit Business Park, Ballybrit, Co. Galway
Due to the large number of applicants, we will only be able to respond to the successful candidates.
The Plaza Group is an equal opportunities employer