** No longer taking applications **
The new Portlaoise Plaza, which will open in May 2020, are currently recruiting for Assistant Managers for Supermac’s/Papa Johns/Supersubs.
This plaza will join the other motorway service stations in the Plaza Group – The Barack Obama Plaza, The Galway Plaza, Tipperary Town Plaza, The Kinnegad Plaza, The N20 Plaza Mallow, and our Service Stations in Charlestown, Ballyhea, and Westport.
The company’s success is built on fantastic services for our services to include a unique menu, ideally suited to local tastes, using real food and food ingredients sourced locally wherever possible and enhanced by quality in every aspect of the operation.
The quality of service is underwritten by Supermac’s staff, who gives the restaurants their unique, friendly atmosphere. It is for these reasons that Supermac’s has become the great success story it is and the great franchising opportunity it offers.
The new service station facilities in the Portlaoise Plaza includes a Convenience store, Several Car and HGV fuelling pumps, Supermac’s Restaurant, Papa John’s Pizza, SuperSubs Salad and Sub Sandwich offering, Macs Place Deli, and a branded Barista Cafe, together with indoor and outdoor seating, toilets and washroom facilities, free wifi, car, bus and HGV parking.
The Assistant Managers/Supervisors assist the overall Manager in the smooth running of the Supermac’s/Papa Johns & Supersubs brands, providing leadership to their team, dealing with the day to day operations, people management, food quality, HACCP, scheduling, budgeting, and all aspects associated with successfully managing a successful catering operation in a fast paced environment.
- Assists in maintaining financial control, inventory management, maximizes sales and profit potential
- Coaches, counsels and works with General Manager to develop Training Co-Coordinators and staff, leading to and maintain high sales and profits.
- Responds to General Manger requests
- Assists the General Manager in recruitment, training, development, and HR planning
- Assists the General Manager in community & civic involvement
- Works with the General Manager to Investigate and respond directly to employee relations and customer complaints
Applicants will have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience at supervisory level in the catering/hospitality sector, be able to work on a full-time basis with flexibility to work 5/7 and demonstrate the following:
- People Management skills – Ability to Train/Develop/Motivate
- Business Acumen – Stock Control/Turnover/Cost Control/Marketing/HR
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong Customer Service
- Strong Knowledge of Food Safety & Good Housekeeping Standards
This position will suit an individual who wants to develop their management experience, in a fast-paced business environment, where career development is second nature and ambition is encouraged and supported.
What you can expect:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and CPD
- A company in growth with a clear vision and amazing culture
Please send an up-to-date CV along with Cover letter quoting the Job Title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may post it to Laura Flaherty, HR Department, Supermac’s Head Office, Ballybrit Business Park, Ballybrit, Co. Galway
Due to the volume of CVs received on a daily basis it is impossible to reply to everybody on an individual basis.
Supermac’s is an equal opportunities employer.