1,303 people have now died from Coronavirus in Ireland – an increase of 19 from yesterday.
It is important to note that not all of these people passed away today and that this is the number that were reported to the Department of Health today.
These people will have passed away in recent days and not just today.
While there has been a total of 330 new cases of Coronavirus have been diagnosed in Ireland today.
This is an increase on the 21,176 cases from yesterday and takes the overall total to 21,506.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Friday 1st May (21,064 cases), reveals:
· 58% are female and 42% are male
· the median age of confirmed cases is 49 years
· 2,825 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
· Of those hospitalised, 363 cases have been admitted to ICU
· 6,068 cases are associated with healthcare workers
· Dublin has the highest number of cases at 10,406 (49% of all cases) followed by Kildare with 1,242 cases (6%) and then Cork with 1,164 cases (6%)
· Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 63%, close contact accounts for 34%, travel abroad accounts for 3%