If you’re looking to watch your weight and be ultra health conscious, this recipe may not be what you need right now.
But if you’re after a delicious cookie recipe, one that is easy and fun to make, and ideal for kids who love to get stuck into baking, then you can’t go wrong with this.
And you won’t be disappointed by the taste.
- 110g Butter
- 50g Caster sugar
- 50g Soft brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla Essence
- 150g Flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 100g Porridge oats
- 110g Dark chocolate chopped
- 110g White chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a food mixer, or hand held mixer mix the butter, add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla essence.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Add the chocolate and mix through, and then porridge oats.
- On a tray with parchment paper spoon the cookie dough on the tray and place each spoon of dough evenly on the tray.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or untill slightly golden in colour.
- Using a palette knife place cookies on a wire tray to cool down.
If you want you can add some melted chocolate to the cookies once they cooked and have cooled down.
This recipe is great to try out and mix it up with ingredients to your preference.
Adding some nuts, and dried fruit is another great addition to it.
The cookie dough will also keep well in the fridge for a few days if it doesn’t suit to cook them straight away.