Due to continued growth and expansion, TSI Flowmeters are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Technician, with an electronic/mechatronic background, to join our team.
Founded in 1999 and based in Clonminam Business Park, Portlaoise, TSI Flowmeters are the market leaders in providing innovative water management and delivery solutions to the Water Utilities and the Fire and Rescue Services, both in Ireland and to our export markets worldwide. Our unique water flow management technology provides constant, accurate information over a wide range of flow.
This position will initially be a part-time role (3 days per week) offering excellent salary combined with significant flexibility and opportunity for work/ life balance. The position may become a full-time role in the future as the company and the business continues to expand its operations.
The primary purpose of this position is to be an active part of the production/QC team and to provide technical input to assist the growth and expansion of the business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Take an active role in product assembly, product servicing and in calibration of TSI flow meters.
- Ensure the efficient transfer of prototype and pilot products to full production status and support these product lines on an on-going basis.
- Achieve production targets and deadlines.
- Quality control of sub-assemblies produced by sub-contractors and completion of QC documentation (e.g. shipment checklists, calibration certs) as required.
- Assist engineers to develop production processes and ongoing improvements including, for example, documented procedures/ drawings/ work instructions and compliance with ISO quality standards.
- Provide technical input and support for the investigation and resolution of nonconformances by participating in assessments and investigations.
- Ensure that all work is carried out according to Company procedures, and that a high level of productivity and quality is achieved and maintained.
- Ensure that TSI’s Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters carried out on TSI’s behalf.
- Relevant manufacturing/production assembly experience including the ability to read drawings and product specifications.
- 3rd level Production/Engineering (mechanical/ electronic) qualification a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of quality standards/practices, e.g. ISO9001, would be an advantage.
- Experience in CAD software, SolidWorks or similar programs an advantage.
- Good computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be a good team player who is capable of working well to tight deadlines.
- High degree of self-motivation.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business (infrequent).
Applications including a current CV should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday 26th of February 2021. All applications for this position will treated in the strictest confidence.
SEE ALSO – Check out the dedicated jobs section on LaoisToday