It is a case of a real changing of the guard in Laois-Offaly Fine Gael as the group elected a new constituency executive recently.
Long serving duo of Gerry Shinners and John Martin stepped down from their roles as vice-chairman and secretary respectively.
Jim Buckley from Tullamore and Grace Clendennen from Kinnity in Offaly have replaced them.
Stradbally native Vivienne Phelan remains as chairperson of the group and two other members of the executive also hail from Laois.
Stradbally’s Niamh Bakker is the youth officer while Noel Ryan of Mountmellick is alongside Mary O’Donoghue from Daingean as joint treasurer.
The rest of the executive is made up of PRO Maria Hewson (Birr), equality officer Molly Buckey (Tullamore) and membership officer George Vaugh (Birr).
LAOIS-OFFALY FINE GAEL
- Chairperson: Vivienne Phelan
- Vice-Chairperson: Jim Buckley
- Secretary: Grace Clendennen
- PRO: Maria Hewson
- Joint Treasurers: Mary O’Donoghue & Noel Ryan
- Disability/Equality Officer: Molly Buckley
- Policy Officer: Kevin Wrafter
- Membership Officer: George Vaugh
- Youth Officer: Niamh Bakker