The Mountmellick Youth & Family Resource Centre (MYFRC) offers a range of services aimed at engaging Young People in Youth Work developmental programmes which extend into family support work, one-to-one and counselling.
The MYFRC aims to strengthen, and empower children, Young People, families and the Mountmellick community.
The MYFRC will adhere to and strive to progress Family and Community development as outlined in the Better Outcome Brighter Futures 2014-2020 as per 5 national outcomes, active and healthy, economic security, safe from harm, promoted and respected, achieving full potential.
We are recruiting for the following posts:
- Breakfast & Homework Club Coordinator (16 hours per week – €12.98 per hour inclusive 8% holiday pay)
- Breakfast & Homework Club Youth Worker (13 hours per week – €11.50 per hour inclusive of 8% holiday pay)
A role description is available upon request.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Relevant experience in a similar setting.
- Flexible (hours and duties).
- Good team skills.
- Have numeracy and literacy skills to support Primary School level homework.
- Good knowledge and experience of best practice working with children and young people and services available to families.
- A qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Social Care, Youth Work, Early Childhood Education, Special Needs Assistant, etc.
- Split shifts will be a requirement in this role
- Anti-social hours may also be a requirement
- The position will run in line with the Primary School Calendar
- The contract is subject to funding
The position is subject to reference check and garda clearance.
For an Application Form, Role Description or more information please contact:
Mike Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5pm on 6th October 2021
Provisional Interview Date: 13th October 2021
MYFRC is an equal opportunities employer.