Three new faces have been appointed to Laois GAA’s County board for the upcoming 2022 season.
Laois GAA now has a new Public Relations Officer, Football Chairman and Juvenile Chairman following a recent meeting.
Graiguecullen’s Paul Dargan stepped down as PRO at the end of last year before Laois’s Convention.
His spot has since been filled by Portarlington’s Canice McCarthy who was officially ratified this month following a nomination from his club.
Meanwhile, the other two positions were filled following selection by new chairman PJ Kelly.
Kieran Kehoe has been appointed as the new Football Board chairman.
The O’Dempsey’s man replaces Killeshin’s Laurence Phelan who resigned from the role last year.
Kehoe, who played with O’Dempsey’s and served in a number of roles with the club, was previously a Director of Services in Laois County Council and is now in one of the top positions in Waterford City and County Council.
While Joe Cunningham has replaced Barrowhouse’s Alan Langton as the new Coiste na nOg chairman.
Mr Cunningham, who is the current CEO of Laois-Offaly Education and Training Board, is from Caherlistrane in Galway and is currently heavily involved with the Park-Ratheniska club.
Laois County Board 2022:
- Chairperson – PJ Kelly
- Vice Chairperson – Tom Clear
- Treasurer – Martin Byrne
- Assistant Treasurer – Paschal McEvoy
- Central Council Delegate – Gerry Kavanagh
- Leinster Council Delegate) (2) – Brian Allen and Richie Kennedy
- Development Officer – Ger Slevin (Appointed)
- Coaching Officer – Fergal Byron
- Cultural and Irish Officer –Monica Delaney
- PRO – Canice McCarthy
- Juvenile Chairman – Joe Cunningham (Appointed)
- Football Board Chairman – Kieran Kehoe (Appointed)
- Hurling Board Chairman – Mattie Collier (Appointed)