This weekend at SOLAS will feature their regular Farmers’ Market on Saturday and the monthly Craft Market on Sunday.
You can enjoy the comfort of the revamped car park, foliage draped retractable roof and almost complete new 25m long art piece.
Monthly Craft Market
This Sunday March 6th from 11am-4pm will feature 31 craft stalls including
- A unique, Irish, collectable and historical framed presentations from Wood & Son
- A wonderful selection of handmade soaps from ‘My Soap Bubbles’
- A Range of Personalised gifts from ‘Brown Bear Creations’
- Artists Mary Slevin & M Rowley with both be present on the day
- Jewellery on offer from Magnetic Mobility, Pebble Art ..
- Candles from Kildare Barn and Eco Soya Candles
- Amazing array of Belgian chocolates from Bart
- Christal’s Bakery will be on stie will a selection of fabulous cakes.
- A range of Woodwork, Perfumes, Pottery, Hats, Macrame, Knitwear and fashion with plenty more for Mother’s Day
Weekly Farmers’ Market
This Saturday 10am-2pm will see the full range of bakery, fresh meat, fish and organic beef. As ever the focus of the market is on fresh, local and organic
We are very proud to announce the arrival of our new Food manager Caoilfhionn Byrne.
Caoilfhionn is a Portarlington native and despite her young age has worked in the food industry for the last 10 years.
She should fit right in at SOLAS as she has a passion for good food, great coffee and green sustainable approach to life.
David Maher of SOLAS explains: “we believe that Caoilfhionn has the potential to bring all the elements of our food offering, farmers market and Eco development together to turn SOLAS into the national destination that it deserves to become.”
We have a full range of spring flowering perennials and annuals in stock.
Now is the ideal time to plant for colour in your garden right through to the summer. Lovely selection of primroses and Iris, Snowdrop and Crocus bulbs in pots ready to give an instant lift to your borders.
Note coming next week we will have a wide range of Mother’s Day planted containers for the big day.
This weekend’s menu will include
- Breakfast croissant Stuffed with smoked pudding, pork sausage, tomato & onion relish, bacon crumb
- Vegan pizza with Mozzarella cheese, caramelised red onion, avocado & rocket
SOLAS Upcoming Events in March
- Thursday 17th March 2pm St Patricks Day Children’s Craft Workshop
- St Patrick’s Week Carnival coming to SOLAS …. more later
- Sunday 20th March 12pm (Noon) Quilling Workshop (Mothers Day Card)
- Sunday 27th March 10am-2pm Mother’s Day Treat with SOLAS
To book and view upcoming Events: