Laois Chamber CEO Caroline Hofman caught up with Helen Flynn and Katie Kindlon of Gló Design.
This is a Laois-based Graphic Design company catering for businesses big and small…
Tell us a bit about Gló Design and what you offer?
Gló Design is an Irish Graphic Design company catering for businesses big and small.
From branding and advertising to website and social media maintenance, and print solutions. We listen to your plans, analyse your current position, and apply your vision to a roadmap for your brand evolution.
Gló Design works ideas beyond initial inspiration to craft a unique and personal brand identity. Working alongside Gló Design means that you will have your very own fully-serviced creative team.
If you are a new company or you are just in need of a revamp, we are here to give businesses a Gló up!
When was Gló Design established, and how have you grown since then?
Gló Design was established at the beginning of 2021, during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Since then, we have thankfully flourished and we are going from strength to strength as businesses continue to open their doors again. We have consistently broadened our services to meet our clients’ needs.
Can you tell us about your business highlights to date, and any news you can share with us?
Our highlights to date would have to be celebrating one year in business, renovating our office, and most recently investing in a company vehicle!
We are also very proud of our calendar fundraiser which we organised to raise money for SOSAD Laois.
We have plenty of exciting projects lined up for the future, so keep your eyes peeled around the town – and beyond!
For any business considering locating in Laois, what would you say are the best things about being located in Laois?
We cannot recommend Laois enough as the perfect location for new businesses. There are so many opportunities and fellow business men and women willing to help work with start-ups.
We are extremely grateful to some of the very successful businesses in the town, who trusted us with their brand in our earlier days and continue to work with us today.
Many people are not aware that halfway through our first year of business, Katie moved her life to Portlaoise from Wicklow to embrace all the amazing resources Laois had to offer, so if that’s not proof enough that we truly believe Laois is an amazing location to set up a business we don’t know what is.
What is the best piece of advice you have been given?
The best advice we have received would be “not to give up, and to keep moving forward” which we continue to do.
Where would you like to be in 5 years’ time with Gló Design?
In 5 years’ time we would love to have generated more jobs within the community. We would also love to take on interns and be in a larger premises within the town centre.
We hope to service the same clients in 5 years as we do now, along with many more large and small businesses.
For more information, visit www.glodesign.ie
- In Pictures: The Laois Jobs Fair sponsored by Laois and Offaly Education and Training Board and Local Enterprise Office Laois returns to Portlaoise and proves a great success. https://www.laoistoday.ie/2022/04/14/in-pictures-laois-jobs-fair-returns-to-portlaoise-and-proves-a-great-success/
- Relive all the action from the Jobs Fair on this great video:
- Jack Nolan celebrates 40 years of trading in Portlaoise. When Jack started in Portlaoise there were three cobblers in the town, two in Mountmellick, two in Portarlington and one in Mountrath, Abbeyleix and Rathdowney. But he is the only one still standing four decades later – with his ability to diversify the key to success.https://www.laoistoday.ie/2022/04/14/well-known-laois-businessman-celebrates-40-years-of-trading-today/
- Congratulations to Laois Chamber member, Glamping Under the Stars, who recently featured in The Sunday Times’ list of Ireland’s Ten Best Glamping Resorts.
- Congratulations to Ballykilcavan Brewing Company, winners of the Sustainability at the recent Small Firms Association Small Business Awards which took place last week. Laois Chamber CEO, Caroline Hofman, also called out to Ballykilcavan recently to certify their figures for Resist – Ballykilcavan’s Ukraine fundraiser beer and will be donated €4,500 to the Irish Red Cross.
- The CEO and President of Laois Chamber, Chief Executive of Laois County Council, Cathaoirleach Conor Bergin, and Honor Deevy, Acting Head of Enterprise Local Enterprise Office Laois, recently welcomed His Excellency Mr. Vincent Guerend, French Ambassador to Ireland to Portlaoise.
- Enterprise Ireland is offering supports to help the Irish homebuilding sector increase productivity & innovation in building new homes. Get the support to implement Modern Methods of Construction. Find out more here: https://www.enterprise-
ireland.com/en/funding- supports/built-to-innovate/ overview.html?utm_source= twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_ campaign=housing-for-all-2022
- A new gender-based bursary of €2,666 per apprentice is now available on 41 national apprenticeship programmes. Find out more here: https://apprenticeship.ie/
news-events/news/ apprenticeship-gender-based- bursary
- Is your new Laois Business looking for premises? The Portlaoise Vacant Commercial Property Incentive Scheme helps you occupy vacant premises by lowering entry costs using grants and mentoring opportunities. Keep an eye out for Vacant Commercial Property Incentive Scheme posters on display around vacant commercial properties in Portlaoise which are available for rent or lease!
What’s Coming Up?
- Shine 2022 – Are you interested in exhibiting your Laois-based business, services or products to a potential 5,000 customers in the unique setting of Emo Estate and Gardens on Saturday 21st May? Please contact the Laois Chamber office on 085 2566522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laois Chamber April Networking Event – Thursday 28th April, from 8.30am-9.30am in Bloom HQ, Mountrath. People First Credit Union and St. Canice’s Credit Union will give a presentation on “What your local Credit Union can offer your business”. Non-members welcome, registration essential. E-mail email@example.com to register
- Eager to grow your business but wish you had the right advice and planning tools? Local Enterprise Office Laois’ ‘Grow your Own Business’ online programme starts Tuesdays from the 26th April. Get hands-on training in 8 webinars with online workshops & one-to-one mentoring. Register at https://bit.ly/LaoisGYOBApr