€83,035 has been granted for Laois biodiversity projects under the Government’s Local Biodiversity Action Fund (LBAF).
The projects in Laois that have been approved for funding include:
- Pollinator Awareness Radio Ads – €6,375
- Biodiversity Awareness on the Portlaoise Orbital Route – €24,089
- IAS Treatment at Abbeyleix bog – €10,071
- Biodiversity Enhancement at Laois Education Centre – €34,000
- Biodiversity Training for Laois County Council staff, Heritage forum & Laois Chamber – €8,500
Sean Fleming, Minister of State at the Department of Foreign Affairs, has welcomed the investment.
“This is good news for local projects in Laois awarded funding under the LBAF,” the Deputy said.
“This fund supports communities to deliver on Ireland’s national objectives for nature.
“This ranges from projects on invasive species to habitat restoration, awareness-raising to surveys and monitoring work.
“This week is Biodiversity Week which is all about connecting people with nature.
“I welcome this funding for Laois projects, which will help to build on this objective.”