Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and Paramedic HEART ER Ltd, Ambulance Service are seeking applications from PHECC Registered Practitioners at EMT and Paramedic Level to join our team.
Successful applicants will have a commitment to excellent patient care in all circumstances and will be required to have the necessary medical and communication skills to do so.
There are a number of positions available for relief, part-time or permanent staff to work from our base in Portlaoise.
The nature of our work is varied and maybe challenging. Many of our patients are seriously ill, and can range from new-borns to end-of-life care.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING: Minimum Requirements:
- You must have, at minimum, a full Class B driver’s licence with no endorsements and you must have held that licence for a minimum of 2 years. You will be required to progress to a C1 driving licence if you don’t already have one.
- You must be a minimum of 25 years of age at your last birthday for motor insurance purposes.
- You will be required to complete Garda Vetting immediately should you be offered employment.
- You will be required to provide proof of Hep B vaccinations should you be offered employment.
- You should be prepared to carry patients up or down stairs and be involved in a certain amount of heavy lifting and moving of patients.
- The demand for relief staff is unpredictable by its nature. You should be prepared to respond at fairly short notice. If you are applying for part-time or relief work and you are not available for long periods during a working week, or to strict working hours, then you might need to reconsider your application at this stage. We have very minimal requirements for staff at week-ends.
- You will be required to drive from our base in Portlaoise to your calls and back each day. Some days this maybe a long distance you should also factor this in on your application.
- Your PHECC Examination Certificate
- Your PHECC Licence
- Your in-date CFR-A Certificate
- Your in-date Manual Handling and Patient Moving Certificate
- Your Hep B vaccination
- Your Tusla Children First online module completion certificate
- Your Driving Licence
- If you have completed any of the ESDS Driving Standards, then you should have copies of those certificates available also
You will need to have the full details for at least two references:
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Postal Address
If you are interested in applying please send you CV to email@example.com or post to HEART ER Ltd, 13B National Enterprise Park, Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
Please do not contact us by phone.