Laois Open Door Theatre are performing ‘Perfect Wedding’ by Robin Hawdon in the Dunamaise Arts Centre this Friday and Saturday, April 5 and 6.
‘Perfect Wedding’ is a rare combination – a riotous comedy and a touching love story.
Fast moving and highly entertaining producing an endless series of mistaken identities, excuses, confusions and false confessions leaving the audience crying with laughter.
This play tells the story of a wedding that goes “hysterically” astray. A man wakes up in the bridal suite on his wedding morning to find an extremely attractive girl in the bed beside him.
In the depths of a stag night hangover, he can’t even remember meeting her.
Before he can get her to leave his future bride-to-be arrives to dress for the wedding. The crisis escalates and “mayhem reigns” leading to many hilarious situations before the happy ending is achieved.
- Rachael, the bride – Aoifa Fingleton
- Bill, the groom – Aaron Sheil
- Tom, the bestman – Keith Clarke
- Judy, a girl – Sarah O’Sullivan
- Julie, a chambermaid – Jane Doheny
- Daphne, the bride’s mother – Eadaoin O’Connell
- Gerald, the bride’s father – George Russell
- Director – Anne Campbell
- Set Design & Construction – Dan Hooban
- Stage Manager – Dan Hooban
- Lighting & Sound – Nick Anton
- Backstage – Anne Delaney, Edel Finnegan, Kieran Brosnan, Rosemary Kearns, Anna McCann, Padraigh Dunne, Sinead Winters, Pat Hooban, Pat Phelan, Vinny Hogan.
This play is the perfect medicine and a “must see” production for all those thinking of getting married. A great night’s entertainment for everyone who appreciates a good laugh.
So come to the Dunamaise Arts Centre this Friday and Saturday, April 5 and 6.
Leave all your cares behind and laugh the night away. Your continued support is valued and always appreciated. So see you there.