Laois GAA currently have a vacancy for an Office Administrator.
The Office Administrator is directly responsible for carrying out duties in relation to the day to day management of the County Committee’s activities and will aim to enhance the County Committee’s activities by working with existing officers of the Coiste Contae and subsidiary committees.
- To assist the County Secretary with the co-ordination, management and delivery of a Strategic County Plan (prepared in conjunction with County Committee Officers) covering all aspects of the County’s GAA activities whilst also ensuring alignment with County Committee policy including National Strategic Plans.
- To conduct general secretarial work for the County Committee, which may include, but is not limited to, dealing with all visitors to the County Committee’s switchboard, issuing fixtures notices and notices of committee meetings including referees, providing administrative support for Cúl Camps, printing tickets, processing injury claims, managing equipment orders and post.
- To assist the County Secretary in developing and presenting an annual plan to the Coiste Contae, outlining the objectives and targets to be achieved across all areas of activity (both administrative and playing) for the following twelve months.
- The Job Holder will also undertake any other such projects or responsibilities as deemed appropriate by his or her Manager.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in an office environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Excellent administrative and IT skills with a strong working knowledge of IT related packages and systems (including Financial Accounts packages);
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
- Excellent relationship and conflict management skills; ability to be flexible and handle challenging situations;
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and perform as part of a team;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines; hands-on approach to getting things done with a demonstrable ability to work well under pressure;
- Must complete the Child Protection in Sports Awareness workshop;
- Please note the post is subject to Garda Vetting.
Candidates interested in the above role should apply with an up to date cover letter and Curriculum Vitae before 5pm on Friday, 31st. January 2020, to be completed and returned with a CV to the Secretary, Laois GAA, LOETB Laois GAA Centre of Excellence, Fr Browne Avenue, Portlaoise, Co. Laois or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laois GAA is an equal opportunities employer.