There has been no new Coronavirus deaths reported today – meaning 1,774 is the death toll in Ireland still.
While there has been a total of 56 new cases of Coronavirus have been diagnosed in Ireland today.
Once again, the Department have not provided the exact figure of new cases in Laois.
Of the cases notified today, 26 are in Kildare, 13 in Dublin and the rest of the 17 cases are in Donegal, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Westmeath and Wicklow.
The National Public Health Emergency Team are meeting this evening to consider further recommendations for Government.
There is now a total of 27,313 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Mushroom factory in Tipperary
Walsh Mushrooms in Golden, Co Tipperary, remains closed today after it emerged that 29 staff members have tested positive for Covid-19.
The company employs 170 people at its premises outside the village of Golden but after one staff member tested positive last week, further testing was carried out.
That resulted in another ten staff being told on Friday that they had Covid-19, while more tests over the weekend at a temporary facility in the village has led to, it is understood, 18 more people testing positive.
Everyone should be aware of the risk factors for getting COVID-19:
- Distance – the risk of getting COVID-19 increases as the distance between you and others gets smaller. Keep 2 metres apart where possible
- Activity – How you spend time with people and what you do with them can increase your risk. Follow the government’s Stay Safe Guidelines when spending time with others
- Time – The more time you spend in close contact with other people can increase your risk of getting COVID-19. Keep track of who you spend time with and how
- Environment – Being outdoors is safer than being indoors. Where possible, meet with others outdoors. If this is not possible, keep windows and doors open when meeting others inside
- Symptoms – Know the symptoms. If you have them self-isolate and contact your GP immediately
Public Health Advice for all citizens available here:
Know the symptoms of COVID-19
- a fever (high temperature – 38 degrees Celsius or above)
- a cough – this can be any kind of cough, not just dry
- shortness of breath or breathing difficulties
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- flu like symptoms