This week was filled with more breaking stories in news, lifestyle and sport.
And we’ve picked out some of the more memorable ones in our list of the week’s top stories.
- A busy Mountrath shop was robbed at gunpoint, the man charged now faces burglary charges.
- Rent prices continue to soar in Laois.
- Vikings and reptiles sprung up in Mountmellick, Portarlington and Portlaoise for Laois Heritage Week.
- True clubmen were revealed as one man travelled almost 400 km to become a Park-Ratheniska hurling hero
- Castletown secured their senior status in hurling and Portlaoise dropped down to Senior A.
- Portarlington took home Minor glory in O’Moore Park on Friday evening.
- Camross became the last ever Laois minor champions on Tuesday night.
WE ARE LAOIS
- Local man Thomas Conroy performed this breathtaking rendition of the Game of Thrones theme song on top of the Slieve Blooms
- There were tonnes of pictures taken at the Clonaslee VS and Mountrath CS Debs on Wednesday night
- One Portarlington girl racked up over one million views on YouTube with her breath-taking rendition of Adele’s ‘Hello’
- Mark Doheny gave us 23 things you’ll realise while watching the Rose of Tralee
- Fit with Brid simplifed carbs and fats for us.
SEE ALSO –